The National Digitalisation Strategy for the School System in Sweden is an integral part of the national digitalisation strategy, focusing on aspects related to the education sector.
The main objective of the Swedish Strategy is to create further opportunities for digitalisation, achieve a high level of digital competence (especially in the context of children, students, and younger people), and promote the development of knowledge and equal opportunities and access to technology. The National Digitalisation Strategy for the School System in Sweden is built on 3 focus areas, each accompanied by a set of sub-goals.
Digital competence for everyone
All children and students must develop adequate digital skills:
- Children and students in primary and secondary grades should be given the necessary conditions to be able to develop digital competence.
- Preschool principals, school principals and managers must have the ability to strategically lead digital development at their organisations
- Staff, who work with children and students, must have the competence to identify, choose and use digital tools in education.
Equal access and use
Children, students and staff must have good and equal access to digital tools and resources in order to improve education activities
- Children, students and staff must have access to relevant digital tools that are based on their needs and tailored to their conditions.
- There must be appropriate infrastructure as well as technical and pedagogical support.
- The digital learning resources used in teaching must be appropriate and the possibilities of technology should be utilised effectively.
- Employee teaching and administrative work should be available in a digital format to contribute to policy analysis and implementation.
Research and follow-up on the possibilities of digitalisation
- Research on the impact of digitalisation on teaching and learning should be enhanced and supported.
- Follow-up of the digitalisation work in the school system shall be carried out and support the development of future activities and initiatives.
Full text of the Strategy is available in Swedish.
The strategy is coordinated by Ministry of Education and Research of Sweden and implemented in cooperation with representatives from Academic and school sector.