It was the 8th year association “Langas į ateitį” participated in the Get Online Week campaign. The message that we spread through all the activities this year raised awareness on safe technology and the internet usage, managing ones (digital) identity, skills for the usage of eServices and new skills for jobs because 45% of the European population has an insufficient level of digital skills and situation in Lithuania is similar. To achieve our goals of GOW2017 4 kinds of activities were identified (www.epilietis.eu/savaite):
- Participation in the events/activities
- Registration of your own activity
- Participation in the contests
- Learn by yourself and use it later (online training material in our platform pilietis.eu/savaite
More than 350 activities/events were registered in Lithuania and organized collaborating with National Digital Coalition members (www.skaitmeninekoalicija.lt/en/about/) and a lot of partners including State Employment Agency, Youth job centres, Lithuanian Banking Association, National Library of Lithuania, Lithuanian Consumer Institute, IT company ATEA Baltic, Swedbank, Barclays operational center, initiative”__būsiu“, Lithuanian academic network LITNet, Safer Internet project etc. All partners contributed with the number of activities dedicated to GOW2017 as well as dissemination of the initiative.
During the GOW2017, people were reached through online news portals, radio and social media as well as partners’ and local communities’ websites. Press releases about the GOW2017 initiative were written with the help of our partner PR Service and distributed to BNS news agency. At the same time, our partners have been distributed with distinctive banners that we designed for this special occasion to be published in partners’ websites and social media channels. A home page have been designed and visited through GOW week more than 22 200 times! During GOW 2017 week all public libraries who have computers and their branches (total 1283) used special very first slide on their computer, which invited to participate in GOW events. A combination of public libraries’ web sites and local news portals helped to reach at least 116 237 people.
On the very first day of GOW 2017 Loreta Križinauskienė and Andrius Šaveiko were invited to the main radio station of Lithuania LRT radijas (Opus 3 channel) broadcasted an hour and a half radio show about GOW2017 activities as well as its mission and purpose where we discussed safety online, missing youth digital skills in job market. A total of 856people were reached via this media channel.
The use of social network (Facebook in particular) helped to reach a lot of people as well. With the help of social networks our partners and we spread the information about the GOW2017 news and activities to at least 19 797 individuals.
A video sharing site YouTube was used to broadcast a webinar “INFORMUOTAS = APGINKLUOTAS” – which was broadcasted from Kaunas by Lithuanian Research and Education Network (LITNET CERT). The webinar “INFORMUOTAS = APGINKLUOTAS” was streamed on March 28 and was joined by 193 schools and libraries (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FjI7X-BbZpc).
For GOW2017 purposes 270 posters were designed and printed, more than 1500 souvenirs and prizes were distributed to schools, public libraries, Youth Job Centers and 3rd age university students.
GOW2017 embedded online and offline activities which were proposed by the organizers or implemented by partners. There were more than 350 events organized across the country in public libraries, Youth Job Centers, high schools, NGOs and other institutions.
The GOW2017 was abundant in different events for people of all ages. Events can be divided into separate themes:
- Events for children about internet safety and ways to deal with cyber bullying, such as “Are you safe in internet?”, “Internet and children”, “Cyber-security: what you should know”.
- Events for youngsters who are interested in ICT and want to learn more about ICT related professions, such as “I feel better because I know and I know how”, „Personal image in social media“, “Do I have enough digital skills for job”; “Computer literacy: programming in C #, PHP”.
- Events for adults about cyber-security and e.services: “Information security: why you should care?”, “Wild web labyrinths”, “e.Banking: service which facilitates life”
- Events for seniors about safe ways to use e-services: “eCommerce: what you should know”, “Safe e.Banking”;,“Public sector e-services development: Achievements and Lessons”, “E-services: smart and safe use of electronic services”.
- 14 volunteers from Barclays operational center chose to visit 14 Youth job centers in different regions of Lithuania. Over 300 young unemployed people took part in the face- to- face events during which Barclays bank operational center volunteers shared their experience about digital skills for jobs and organized brain battle on safety online.
One new experienced was used in GOW 2017 – seminars on data security for public servants. Almost 100 participants.
During GOW2017 events 1351 participants of different age and professions people have registered and completed ICT skills tests and took part in other activities offered on our GOW 2017 site www.epilietis.eu/savaite: 1050 material downloads by teachers, 4380 participants at the webinar “Informed-armed”, Web We Want teacher handbook had 139 downloads s, the one for teens 137, “Skillage” test solved 161 times, “Are you safe online?” solved by 1,351 people, 828 of them under 12 years old.